Wednesday 17 October 2012

Success is not final

Love Winston Churchill's following statement...

Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
It's the courage to continue that counts

So true

Things that made me smile today

Listening to the Tui's singing in the back yard - thanks to my neighbours with their garden  dedicated to native plants. Makes me feel like I'm in a rural setting and not nestled in amongst the hustle and bustle of the city.

Enjoying the flowers on my peace lily. It a bit of reciprocated love...a case of monitoring the situation.
Now my green thumb does not come naturally. a wise friend once told me, that we need to slow down and enjoy the little moments in life and take notice of the little things. Case in point, know your subject... A plant that enjoys low filtered light in a calm spot will not enjoy living in a pseudo glass house ie directly under a corner full of windows subjected to the afternoon sun for several hours. It will not enjoy long periods of drought with little nourishment. Change three little things and it flowers in abundance and brings joy to those around it.
Simple little changes that take only moments in my day.

We need to enjoy the little moments in life - let go, let go, let go and go with the flow.
Enjoy today
Be "present" and delight in the little moments. Forget the housework and to-do lists. The little moments are the things our children will remember. Not the things that money can buy, but the important stuff, spending quality time together, playing, laughing and sharing. Is so easy to get wound up in the busyness of life, that we forget that each day is a gift, never to be repeated and we can choose to live today - happy and free from anger, frustration and stress.
Be thankful for the little hiccups , from them amazing things can happen if you are willing to take notice and listen.
It's not going to be perfect and certainly won't be easy, but with a mind dedicated to changing the way we choose to look at things then...
It's up to me how I choose to handle them, pray believe and act.

It's up to me to choose how to handle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment